Saturday, July 9, 2016

My realities with Stomach Cancer

I just got done with my third round of chemo. I went in on Thursday morning for labs, iv iron and the first chemo drug that last two hours. Then I get to have fanny pack chemo for 46 hours at home. It is the best feeling when  the home health nurse comes and unhooks me from my attached pack! Today I took a nap and then got cleaned up. Actually had enough energy to go outside and throw the ball for Tyson for a bit and relax.

Since you don't really hear too much about stomach (gastric) cancer, I thought I would write up a few sentences about what it has been like for me personally.

  • When eating, I feel full easily. So I try to eat a number of small meals throughout the day.
  • I have indigestion and burp a lot- even more than my golden retriever! Sometimes I blame it on her.
    Burp! (it wasn't me!)
  • Chemo Side Effect Include: fatigue, constipation AND diarrhea, minimal hair loss. and a strange sensitivity to cold. I have started to notice the hair loss :(
  • This is not what I had planned to get into my skinny jeans, but I have lost weight because of my stomach issues. It has taken some time to get to know the new me in the mirror.
  • I am fatigued for a few days after treatment, but gain some energy until the next cycle comes around.
I will know more about the status of how my treatment is going in the upcoming week. Dr. Berg said they will do scans after I have had 4 treatments, which will be sometime after the 21st. Hoping my counts will hold up to continue with treatment on time.

My last hospital infusion went as good as could be. I sat there with my cup of coffee from the Java House and worked on my latest crochet project most of the time. Leo was there and my parents were hanging out in the family room. I was home in time for lunch! Next week, I get to continue with a planned vacation to Denver, Colorado. So I am hoping to continue with high energy and stamina for those days!
My Wartburg Orange extra large scarf (double crochet).
Is it winter yet? JK!

Much love!
Amy B


12 comments:

  1. ❤️ You brave girl. Have fun in CO enough to "forget" some of the stresses. Will look forward to hearing/reading about your trip and your results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Quynn by the way. Stupid blogger only entered the n and a of qunika.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Quynn! I am looking forward to the trip and the distraction! I hope you are well, also!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Amy!!! I hope you have a safe and amazing trip to Colorado!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accidentally deleted my first comment...lol

      Delete
    2. I love you too, Emily! I am looking forward to my trip! I hope you had a good one home too!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate and I took a trip to Colorado and Denver last month. We loved it. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, i didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numeriuos times for combination of treatments. and no changes so i decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him i want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what i must do and he delivered it to me in my state which i use according to his instruction, and today i must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life,i am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waist more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contact him today for you also to live a sound and happy life. he cure the following disease________Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.

    ReplyDelete